These models are the first resin/metal that I dealt with from Battlefront. The solid blocks of resin are much heavier than the plastics. The metal is also far less flexible than most metal models I’ve worked with. I managed to snap one of the tracks in half trying to straighten it.
The laser-guided projectiles are really nice in game. What I didn’t realize is that you need a FIST observer to use them. Which I don’t have a model for. Without one, these guys are a little lackluster.
I bought and painted the USstarter for Team Yankee at a launch event back in late 2015. Other than a demo game or two, I hadn’t really played. Then Mike, the event coordinator and general instigator at Endgame started making noises about an invitational six month campaign. I knew that was my excuse to build up an army.
I wasn’t really very happy with how the models turned out the first time. The camo looked very airbrushed. I barely did any weathering. The models themselves looked austere without any stowage. So for new models I started over.
I tried using poster tack for as masking for the camo. I bought some AK weathering enamels, and used sponge chipping with Secret Weapon rust acrylics. I ordered 15mm stowage from Skytrex and The Scene UK.
I’m not 100% satisfied. I had to patch up the camo in places where the masking got bumped between colors. The chipping is somewhat erratic. But I’m much happier than last time.
Now in its thirdyear, let’s take a look at my hobby work over the past year.
I started the hobby year working through the Malifaux Black Friday order and getting a few things ready for Adepticon. Then the queue got real. In 2015 I felt I had been a little too stingy at Adepticon. Let’s just say I didn’t have that problem this year.