Finishing up the playable models from the US Team Yankee starter. I couldn’t talk myself into getting accurate Helo Drab colored paints, so I used some Tamiya Black Green I already had. I did try preshading the panel lines black, although I’m not convinced it had showed much in the end.
The models very conveniently come with enough magnets to make the fight stand and rotor removable for transport.
Now that I’ve got the starter set painted up, I really should get some games in. I’m eager to do some A-10s and M113s.
I watched the Team Yankee pre-launch hype late last year with some interest. The period (modern-ish) and scale (15mm – big enough to be visceral, but still small enough to have swarms of tanks!) was interesting. But I was pretty sure I didn’t have room for another miniatures game in my life.
When Endgame announced a build & play launch event, I failed my willpower save. So I put in my order for the rulebook and US starter. Unfortunately, every else bailed. So I hung out and built, but didn’t get to play. On the upside, I didn’t have to break my streak of playing with only painted models.
In prep for a future in which I play the game, I’ve gotten painting. I settled on the NATO tri-color scheme, even though it’s slightly anachronistic, and picked up some Vallejo Air paints designed for the pattern.
This was the first time I’ve used my airbrush for camo work. I tried to follow the pattern, but didn’t really have the control to follow the lines. The edges are also much softer than I wanted. You gotta start somewhere.
The start of an armor horde. Although if I really wanted a horde, I probably should have picked the Soviets..
15mm dudes are small. I probably should have been a little neater with the flesh tone.
Next, the Cobras. Then finding time and an opponent to actually play the game.