I started the year with a deadline looming. A Team Yankee campaign was getting started. I had just acquired enough models to fill out an army and only had about five weeks to get it table ready. I also had Dropzone Commander and Arena Rex backburnered.
Just about all the missions in Team Yankee use objectives. You can use a piece of acrylic, but scenic is more fun, provided you don’t lose it in the scenery.
The Bannon’s Boy’s US starter came with a command vehicle resin objective that I left in the box at first. I actually decided to use it as a test model when I restarted production, to figure out the camo pattern and weathering. The camo is a little goofy as a result.
When buying the bases for my infantry, I needed a bit more to get to the free shipping threshold. I found this objective, which while intended for WWII, seemed appropriate enough, and matched the infantry objectives.
I actually don’t remember adding this to the order, but it came with the shed above. It’s pretty WWIIy, so I painted the wood grey to look like it might still be standing. My least favorite of the set.
This one is probably my favorite of the set. It’s the most creative, in that I did more than add a bedroll or two to an existing molded objective. The base is from Kerr and King, like the infantry bases and last two objectives. The truck is from Skytrex. It’s metal, so the objective is super heavy. Finally, I added the barrels and crates to give it a bit more life. The truck barely fits on the base, but I like the result.