Small point units really help to fill out a list. Hammerhead time.
First up, the M901 ITV. These are done up pretty much stock, like the rest of the my Team Yankee force.
The Team Yankee rulebooks show the FIST as being in a stock M113. The real thing was more like the ITV, with a very similar turret housing the laser targeter. I wanted it to stand out a bit more from the ITVs, so converted the chassis to add the armored fuel tanks on the rear like an M113A3/A3.
Just about all the missions in Team Yankee use objectives. You can use a piece of acrylic, but scenic is more fun, provided you don’t lose it in the scenery.
The Bannon’s Boy’s US starter came with a command vehicle resin objective that I left in the box at first. I actually decided to use it as a test model when I restarted production, to figure out the camo pattern and weathering. The camo is a little goofy as a result.
When buying the bases for my infantry, I needed a bit more to get to the free shipping threshold. I found this objective, which while intended for WWII, seemed appropriate enough, and matched the infantry objectives.
I actually don’t remember adding this to the order, but it came with the shed above. It’s pretty WWIIy, so I painted the wood grey to look like it might still be standing. My least favorite of the set.
This one is probably my favorite of the set. It’s the most creative, in that I did more than add a bedroll or two to an existing molded objective. The base is from Kerr and King, like the infantry bases and last two objectives. The truck is from Skytrex. It’s metal, so the objective is super heavy. Finally, I added the barrels and crates to give it a bit more life. The truck barely fits on the base, but I like the result.
The opportunity for a playable A-10 is possibly what pulled me into Team Yankee. I talked myself into focusing on other units first, but finally got to actually do it.
The Battlefront kit is resin, made up of two big chunks and a couple of detail bits. Several of the detail bits were warped, including one of the vertical stabilizers. I fixed them as best I could, but it’s not as good as I’d like.
The one game I’ve played with them was pretty underwhelming. I only ended up getting one round of shooting from them, between reserves and the strike aircraft roll. Still, I can’t help myself. Now that I have the unit card, I might go with some other company’s 1/144 aircraft kit if I decide to fill out the unit.
To round out my playable Team Yankee force I needed some infantry. Painting dudes at 15mm isn’t exactly my idea of fun, so I’m keeping it to a single platoon for now.
I waffled a great deal on what to do for basing, but ended up buying resin bases from Kerr and King. They make nice little evocative scenes, although there’s a bit more bubbles than I’d like.
Transports are non-optional in Team Yankee, so I needed a box of those, too. The box comes with resin dudes for mounting the Dragon missiles. To put off making a decision and/or maximizing flexibility, I magnetized them. It does mean the hatch is always open, but I can live with that. I also put a dude out another hatch to designate the lead track.
Now I just need to put together some objectives, and maybe refurbish my first attempt at the tanks.