The lack of light dropships for Resistance really limits the mobility of infantry. If an objective is found, I don’t really want to dust off with a whole Lifthawk. With a drill deployed midfield, the Jackson APC can drop off the infantry underground.
I painted the body a bright off-white. The black and brown oil wash I’ve been using on resistance really dirtied it up nicely. I used the same paints I got for Team Yankee tank tracks on the side tracks of the drill. I think I might need to go back and do the same for other Resistance tracks.
Just about all the missions in Team Yankee use objectives. You can use a piece of acrylic, but scenic is more fun, provided you don’t lose it in the scenery.
The Bannon’s Boy’s US starter came with a command vehicle resin objective that I left in the box at first. I actually decided to use it as a test model when I restarted production, to figure out the camo pattern and weathering. The camo is a little goofy as a result.
When buying the bases for my infantry, I needed a bit more to get to the free shipping threshold. I found this objective, which while intended for WWII, seemed appropriate enough, and matched the infantry objectives.
I actually don’t remember adding this to the order, but it came with the shed above. It’s pretty WWIIy, so I painted the wood grey to look like it might still be standing. My least favorite of the set.
This one is probably my favorite of the set. It’s the most creative, in that I did more than add a bedroll or two to an existing molded objective. The base is from Kerr and King, like the infantry bases and last two objectives. The truck is from Skytrex. It’s metal, so the objective is super heavy. Finally, I added the barrels and crates to give it a bit more life. The truck barely fits on the base, but I like the result.
The opportunity for a playable A-10 is possibly what pulled me into Team Yankee. I talked myself into focusing on other units first, but finally got to actually do it.
The Battlefront kit is resin, made up of two big chunks and a couple of detail bits. Several of the detail bits were warped, including one of the vertical stabilizers. I fixed them as best I could, but it’s not as good as I’d like.
The one game I’ve played with them was pretty underwhelming. I only ended up getting one round of shooting from them, between reserves and the strike aircraft roll. Still, I can’t help myself. Now that I have the unit card, I might go with some other company’s 1/144 aircraft kit if I decide to fill out the unit.