These alts, slated for release at the Adepticon that wasn’t, were so popular they sold out within hours. Fortunately they were reprinted for slowpokes like me.
They also act as previews for the currently running Storms of Kural Kickstarter. The project is for a new two-player starter set, featuring two four model warbands, each model representing a different faction. The stat cards were released in the second edition rulebook, but these are the first models available.
The starter set is all single piece models, to be more accessible to people unfamiliar with metal models. These alt poses wouldn’t work in a single piece, but they aren’t exactly complex (torso and arms). I like slight posability, plus it would be easier to do simple conversions.
As a bonus, have a cat. You can never have too many cats in Relicblade.
Wyrd’s special edition model for Black Friday 2019 is the Silent Knight. In M3E, Killjoy is keyword associated with Titania, but his regular model doesn’t really fit the aesthetics. The Silent Knight is an alt Killjoy that fits much better.
I tried to paint him as a combination of all the colors in the Autumn Knights. He could easily be their boss.
As Wyrd has done for the last few years, Black Friday brought a themed support piece for Gencon’s Nightmare crew. In this case, an alt Rogue Necromancy to go with Brine and Bones pirate Molly.
To give some texture, I used an airbrush stencil on the arms. This is one of my more successful attempts, as it’s actually still visible on the finished model, unlike Lord Chompy Bits.
I wish I had known this model would be coming before I bought and painted the regular Rogue Necromany, but maybe that one will fit better with other crews. Especially if I go all in on McMourning sometime.
While I’ve mostly focused on Wyrd’s plastic limited edition models, I couldn’t help but track down a Miss Pack once I started playing as Resurrectionists.
As a metal model, Miss Pack comes attached to a standard tab for a slotted base. Since my Resurrectionists are in resin bases, I trimmed it down. But the feet are a small target to drill a pin into. Instead, I left a bit of of the tab and drilled a matching hole, filling the gap with green stuff. It makes for a much more durable connection than just gluing the feet would have made.