Eldar: Revenant Titan

At the end of 2013, I participated in a narrative campaign (Relic War / Warzone Harat) put on by the G3 Santa Cruz group.  It was a three-part event hosted by Endgame.  I took my Dark Eldar with Eldar allies.

For the finale, they ran an “Apoc-lite” event – basically a high-point game with super heavies, but sticking to the force org chart otherwise.  This was announced at the end of the second day, in November.

I decided to use this as an excuse to get an Eldar Revenant Titan.  With the third game in January, I had about 8 weeks to select, order, assemble, and paint the model.  I made the deadline, but it was a bit intense.

Revenant full
Revenant full

I had originally intended to magnetize the fins on the back, to make it easier to transport.  It ended up wobbly, though, so I glued it down.

Revenant front
Revenant front

The gun barrels are successfully magnetized, so I can (in theory) get sonic lances if I wanted to swap it out.  It also makes it easier to transport.

Revenant cockpit
Revenant cockpit

I didn’t like the hinge mechanism on the hood, so I just snipped it off and put on a couple of magnets (notice a trend?).

I knew that the kit came with two hood options.  I was surprised to find that it also came with a second lower head piece.  I may someday use that for a terrain piece or something.

Revenant rear
Revenant rear

The rod is to hold the whole thing together.  This is a pretty top-heavy model, and even though I pinned all the major joints, there was still a lot of play.  A little acrylic rod fixed it up, although it still makes me nervous every time I move the model.

Revenant base
Revenant base

I have a loose idea of the Dark Eldar/Eldar force being opposed to some Necron force, and using dead Necron bits on the bases.  This model is the most elaborate one by far (although it’s still pretty simple).  I decided that the Revenant just blew up a Tesseract Vault, then jump jetted on top of it to select the next target.

I bought a couple of bits from the Vault kit off Ebay.  The C’tan bit was stupidly expensive (well, it is a standalone unit in Apoc..), so I instead used a Dr. Manhattan HeroClix miniature.  I tried putting the model in boiling water to repose it, but the damn arm wouldn’t stay down.  I ended up cutting it off and putting in some tentacles.  I also made tentacles, using Green Stuff Industries’ Tentacle Maker (though mine are the v1 opaque ones), for the Canoptek thing.  This let me shape them however I wanted before the putty cured.

Overall I’m very happy with how the model turned out.  I wish the airbrushing was a little more consistent, and that it stood upright on it’s own.  It does look nice in the cabinet, but I should find more opportunities to play with it.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.