I decided to play up the hyena aspect, with pretty heavy spotting.
The Rougarou get gray-green fur to accent their undead nature.
Wyrd’s special edition model for Black Friday 2019 is the Silent Knight. In M3E, Killjoy is keyword associated with Titania, but his regular model doesn’t really fit the aesthetics. The Silent Knight is an alt Killjoy that fits much better.
I tried to paint him as a combination of all the colors in the Autumn Knights. He could easily be their boss.
I bought the Titania box on a whim at Adepticon in 2019. Wyrd had a handful of new M3E crew boxes, plus some old ones with M3E cards. They also had a promo at $100 spend. So Titania got lumped in with von Schtook and here we are.
Titania came with a small clear plastic flying stand, but no clear place for it to join. So I cut a notch in her back and temporarily stuck in some brass rod as a holder for painting.
I hadn’t previously noticed that Gorar is wrapped around an egg. There’s even a piece to give the underside detail, but I missed it during assembly. To the bit box you go.
By the time I got to assembly I was missing one of Aeslin’s legs. I don’t know if it was missing when I bought it, or it broke off the sprue when I was preparing the kits. In any case, I decided it wasn’t really necessary, as it just adds to the otherworldly floating quality of the model.
I decided that despite the name of ‘Autumn Knight’, each of the three would reflect a different season. This one is fall, with oranges and browns.
This one is my favorite, winter. There are no leaves, just a bare trunk.
Finally, spring, with new growth coming through.
Since the GenCon Miss model this year was an alt Seamus, I figured I ought to get some of his friends. Fortunately, the High Society box was available for prerelease. Sweet! Unfortunately, they ran out and my box was significantly delayed. It did come eventually, so here we are.
I used these models as an opportunity to borrow a friend’s collection of contrast paints from Games Workshop and play with the new product. There wasn’t a good undead flesh option in the collection, so I tried one of the grays here. I disliked it enough to go back to my standard recipe for the rest.
I used a simple technique:
I’d call it pretty successful overall. At nearly $8 a bottle it’s a tough sale, but it was certainly fast with pretty good results.
I don’t expect to switch over entirely, but I have bought a few to use when it feels like the right tool.
I already had a transparent red Bete painted, way back in the day nominally to go with the nightmare Tara crew. I don’t love the paint job on it, though, so maybe the new one will find some use someday.