My Jakob Lynch crew has a decided lack of cheap models — the only model less than 7 stones is Mr Tannen, and he’s kind of a specialty piece. These Terror Tots give me more options.
I went for a base color of Reaper’s Imperial Purple, a highlight of Amethyst purple, and wash of Secret Weapon Amethyst. The armbands are the Midnight Blue, Twilight Blue, and Snow Shadow triad, which I’ve been using across the Neverborn. The hooves, loincloth, horns, and teeth are all variations on Bone Shadow/Aged Bone/Bone Highlight, washed with SW Sepia Brown.
Looking at the pictures, the eyes don’t pop nearly enough. I’ll probably go back and try to bring them out a bit more. I like the highlighting I’ve got on the hooves, face, and armbands, though.
I think these demon babies will make a nice addition to my crew.
Back in January, I realized I wanted to put Grisly Trophies on some of my Dark Eldar skimmers. The game was an Apoc game which required vehicle upgrades to be modeled. These poles come in the kit, and I hadn’t been using them.
To make it easy to move around, a glued a thin magnet in the vehicle and painted it to blend it in a bit. I drilled out the base of the poles and put in a matching magnet.
I tried out the Citadel Technical Blood for the Blood God paint on these guys, which I think looks neat. Don’t ask me why these clearly dried skulls have fresh blood dripping from them. Maybe the Archon decorates them before going out to battle.
These guys are part of the first reinforcements for my Eldar allies force. I should get a different color background to photograph against, so the white helmets and guns don’t get lost.
The heavy weapon platform is magnetized, and the weapons can be swapped with War Walkers
I’ve gone for painting all the blisters on my Eldar as gems in a couple colors. I think it adds a nice bit of detail.
This is a pretty old kit, but it goes together pretty well. The arms are matched, but once you cut them off the sprue it’s hard to see which goes with which. Since I generally don’t glue on arms until after I’m done painting, I need to keep track of it through priming and painting until I get to final assembly. I ended up sketching out each pair’s defining characteristics (the pendant and arm angles, mostly).